Skip to main content

Joseph Wayne

It turns out we are having a boy and decided on Joseph Wayne as a name. I come from a long line of Josephs, all with different middle names and up until me all DeVaul. I wanted to honor this tradition regardless of my last name change, and we decided on Wayne to honor Rachaels father.

Rachael's been getting quite big lately, to the point where she is uncomfortable laying or sitting in the same position for any length of time. She's also outgrowing most of her coats she's had and some of her maternity clothes she'd bought at the beginning of the pregnancy. She's mostly in my clothes in the evening; baggy for her but comfortable I'm sure.

Rachael has been feeling Joseph kick since week 16 or so, and I was able to start to feel it around week 22. It's been getting very powerful recently, and we can even watch her stomach move when he kicks hard. It's been amazing to see, and most of me isn't quite able to process what's been going on and how wonderful it's all going to be. I'm sure once I see him it will all change, but right now it's still a surreal thing to think about.

We haven't quite decided on a nickname for Joseph yet... I was Joey growing up and I'm not sure about passing that on because it's felt a bit feminine and childish to me with my family calling me that. We might end up using that after all since Rachael doesn't like JW, which is my preferred nickname.

Rachael's far enough along that she will be visiting the midwife every other week now - just another sign of how close we are. We also set up the bassinnet and started buying things like blankets... it's all starting to take shape at home.

Comments